Jacksonville, Fl Lifestyle newborn session
Choosing the location for your newborn session can be tricky, but you do have choices and I'll give you some things to consider before making the decision. The most important factor to consider is lighting. A good source of natural light is the first thing to consider. I can bring in a flash to supplement the light if needed. The second thing to consider is the setting. You want an area that is clean and clutter free. The third option is to choose an outdoor setting!
Some tips to make the in home newborn session go smoothly:
- Pick your outfits a few days in advance. Try on the outfits to make sure they fit properly and that you are comfortable. If you need help, I am here to help make suggestions or even borrow items from the client closet!! Set out the outfits and have them wrinkle free for the day of the session.
- For everyone to be fed lol food makes everyone more willing to cooperate, especially siblings and dads ;)
- Being a new mom is tough to adjust to, so if you are not able to clean your home on your own, I would recommend hiring someone or even asking a close relative or friend to come
over to help make the beds and pick up extra clutter off the floors and nightstands. We do not normally photograph in the kitchen (unless requested) so leave that sink full of
dishes, I DO NOT judge!
- Do not put too much pressure on the siblings about being perfect for the session. I will try to make it as fun as I can to get them to cooperate. (Bribes work miracles!!) have their favorite snack or treat to help motivate them as a last resort.
- RELAX...I know it's harder said than done, but just embrace the moment. We will always get better shots than you expect even when you think the session has gone horribly.